Monday, April 28, 2008

DJ Colz April Mix




Well, the summer is only around the corner, and I've been pulling out a few oldies which always get me in the mood. I don't know why, but its the same every summer, and out come the old Zed Bias, M-Dubs and DJ EZ mixtapes, along with the good green and the cold brews.



With that in mind, the first bit of this mix is made up of just a few of my favourites from that era. These days with the glut of almost heavy metal-like halfstep coming out of (mostly) Europe and the US, I find myself yearning a little more for the sounds and vibes of London '98 - 2003.

The mix is sloppy, as it wasnt really thought out or practised, I just wanted to throw it down from a pure 'feel' perspective. Damn fine tracks anyway, old and new ones. Please use responsibly.



Tracklist

1 Black Puppet - GROOVE CHRONICLES
2 Buck & Bury - EL-B featuring MC JUICEMAN
3 Stone Cold - GROOVE CHRONICLES
4 Red - ARTWORK
5 Neighbourhood - ZED BIAS( el-b remix )
6 Feel For You - TRG
7 Spyro - HEADHUNTER
8 Shake It - SKREAM
9 Brother - PATTIE BLINGH v 2562
10 Quanta - HEADHUNTER
11 Never Sleep - KROMESTAR & HATCHA
12 London - BENNY ILL & DJ DINESH
13 Sholay - HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER & GOLDSPOT
14 Traitor - SKREAM
15 Misty Winter - DIGITAL MYSTIKZ
16 The Cut - BENGA
17 Dollar Sign - STUSH / STICKY
18 My Story - EMALKAY
19 Smokescreen - 12th PLANET
20 Time Is Now - TRG
21 Touch - DJ ABSTRACT
22 Turbo Shandy - TUBBY
23 Area - OPTIMUZ & DROID
24 Dawn Stepped Outside - KUMA ( horsepower mix )
25 Mood Dub - COKI

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice mix, feelin those el-b and horsepower bits, everytime

cólz said...

yes man, been diggin thru the dusty ones these days...more to come I reckon ;)